Thermal Transfer Printer Review – Cab MACH 4S
Cab is one of the best-known brands in the thermal transfer printing industry. Businesses and organizations around the world use their printers in a variety of settings, ranging from industrial to offices. Today, we’re zooming in on one of Cab’s most popular and affordable thermal transfer printers, the MACH 4s.
The Cab MACH 4S can print box and pallet labels, type plates, PCB labels, and more. Read on to discover more about the versions in which the Cab Mach 4S is available, its features, and its pros and cons. Let’s start with the different versions.
The Cab MACH 4S is available in three different versions based on the dispensing method you prefer. Cab Mach 4S Type B has a tear-off edge for quick label removal. Type C features a label cutter for one or more labels. Type P comes with a peeler that simplifies the process of adding labels after printing. Each of these versions is available at different print speeds and resolutions.
- Print resolution: 300 dpi standard and 600 available optionally
- Print speed: 300 mm per second at 300 dpi
- Print speed: 150 mm per second at 600 dpi
- Print width: 105.7 mm
- Compact clam-shell design
- Simple touchscreen interface
- Small footprint – You can install this printer on a desk or another small setting without worrying too much about space.
- Quick reloading – The clam-shell design makes it easy to open and access the media chamber. This also helps to make it a friendly choice for beginners.
- Affordable 600 dpi thermal printing – You’re looking at one of the most affordable 600 dpi thermal printers currently available.
- Very fast – The Cab MACH 4S can cover up to 6 inches or 150mm per second at 600 dpi and up to 12 inches at 300 mm. This makes it one of the fastest printers on the market.
- Quiet – With its low noise level, the Cab MACH 4S won’t disturb you while you work.
- User friendly – The design incorporates a touch screen interface that is easy to find your way around. Operating this printer won’t be hard even if you’ve never had a thermal transfer printer before.
- Panoramic window – The transparent cover makes it easy to check the label stock. This can save you a good deal of time on monitoring the media.
- Auto-centering – The roll holders center automatically leading to better printing results. This feature can also help to extend the life of the printhead.
- Video tutorials – The touch screen integrates a few helpful video tutorials that help to make this a beginner-friendly device.
- Limited workload – The Cab MACH 4S can handle up to medium volume workloads. You can’t set it up and then leave it running all day—not without damaging the printhead. This thermal printer is simply not designed for continuous use.
- Multiple media holders – Because of the auto-centering roll holders, you’ll have to buy a media holder for each media size. Otherwise, you’ll waste time during each refill. This is not a big con, but it’s worth mentioning.
Overall, the Cab MACH 4S is a fast, accurate, reliable, and cost-effective thermal printer series. The touchscreen and compact design make it a very friendly choice as a first thermal printer. And because it’s quiet, you can use it in a laboratory setting, for example for printing barcodes on vials or in a blood bank.
It’s also a dependable choice in manufacturing facilities because of its excellent print speed. Operators in this setting can save even more time choosing the Type P version with the peeler. And last but certainly not least, the Cab MACH 4S is a handy and affordable choice for offices.