5 Popular Thermal Transfer Label Printers
If your business requires lots of high-quality labels that need to remain scannable for a long time, thermal transfer label printers are a smart choice. When you’re looking for a printer, the most important things you need to keep in mind are the resolution, the speed, and the connectivity capabilities.
1. Cab MACH 4S
You’re looking at a reliable and easy-to-operate machine. The Cab MACH 4S has a clamshell opening, offering easy access to the ribbon and printing media chamber.
The Cab MACH 4S comes in three variants:
- Type B with tear-off edge (for use with labels that are wound on rolls or reels)
- Type P with peel-off function (so it can also dispense labels)
- Type C with cutter (which can cut labels that are 12mm and upwards in height)
This printer can connect to a PC via USB, Ethernet, or Bluetooth.
2. Zebra ZD
The most basic model in this series, Zebra ZD 220 comes with a standard 203 dpi resolution and a 101mm/s speed. For a higher resolution, check out the ZD 420 or ZD 620 models.
This printer is ideal for businesses who have basic label needs, with no unnecessary features, and at a very affordable price. An optional peeler can also be added to the basic Zebra ZD 220.
3. Sato CL4NX
This printer can have three types of resolutions: 203 dpi, 305 dpi, or 609 dpi. Depending on the resolution, the Sato CL4NX prints at various speeds: 254mm/s speed, 203mm/s, or 152mm/s for the highest resolution labels.
This type of printer offers various dispense options: continuous-release, tear-off function, cutter, peeler, or liner-less. As for connectivity, this printer comes with several options: USB, Ethernet, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi.
4. Cab SQUIX 4
This printer offers several connectivity options. It can connect to a computer via USB, as well as to the Internet or even a mobile device. You can also store various label models in the printer’s internal memory, which is great when you often need to print the same type of barcode.
The cab SQUIX 4 printers can also be equipped with a cut or peel-off function.
5. Zebra ZT 200 series
The 203 dpi model has a 150mm/s speed, while the printer with a 300 dpi resolution has a 100mm/s speed. There are two printers in this series, the ZT 210 and ZT 220. They have the same features, but the ZT220 model has a higher ribbon capacity, of 450m, which means you won’t have to change it so often.
Thermal Transfer Label Printers – Resources
- Cab MACH 4S – The MACH 4S provide all features of an industrial printer with a wide application range.
- Zebra ZD – premium printers bring industrial printing quality to a compact desktop printer — offering fast print speeds, excellent print quality, simple manageability, and security
- Sato CL4NX – printer offers a vast array of standard features that are unequaled by its competition. Printer setups, operation, and maintenance are supremely easy and intuitive.
- Cab SQUIX 4 – They have been developed with a constant focus on easy and intuitive operation as well as high reliability.
- Zebra ZT 200 Series – You need an industrial printer that won’t break the bank.